When building electric skateboards here at Meepo, we always like to learn from our top riders and incorporate their feedback into our newest designs. Same thing when it comes to learning how to ride an eskate.
If you're new to electric skateboarding, the best way to gain skill is of course by practice. As the old saying goes, "practice makes perfect". But another great way to help improve your game, is by talking to experienced eskate riders. We therefore reached out to 4 top Meepo riders and asked them to share their most important riding tips.
- Be careful on unfamiliar roads. Once I was riding on a construction road, I didn't notice that there was a 5cm dent in the road and I just fell out... because my wheels got stuck.
- When riding over the speed bumps, you can first lift your front leg and then lift the rear leg. Then you can ride through the speed bumps without deceleration.
- In fact, the biggest problem for many beginners is that they are too nervous and stiff. Actually, it is much safer to relax and not lose balance because of sudden terrain changes or sudden situations.
2) Fred Jr.
- Learn maneuverability and the machine under your feet and be 100% in tune with the board BEFORE you go for high speeds.
- For beginner riders, just keep your weight forward. Don't use your rear leg to control the turning. This can help prevent most accidents and reduce pain in your rear foot. And you can try to lunge on your board.
- When making a turn, or riding over obstructions, keep your shoulder and crotch parallel to each other. Don't writhe your body.
4) Elia Drew
- Learn foot breaking and kick pushing before even turning the remote on! You need to know when you’re in a situation where you need to use both of them!
Whether you're a newbie at eskating or have years of experience under your belt, we hope you found the above riding tips insightful. If you're looking for a great electric skateboard for all riding levels, the Meepo Shuffle S (V4S) is just what you need!
What are you favorite riding tips? What advice would you give to new Meepo eskate riders? Let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook and Instagram channels.
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.